Hey there! I’m Bill – and I started Overlanding in a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro back in March of 2021.
(Before that, I lived in an RV for over a year traveling the country.)
In the last six months, I’ve built my Tacoma into what I feel is a capable, purpose-built and badass overlanding rig. I’ve spent nearly two of those months on the road traveling to places like Moab, San Diego, Glacier National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Kalispell, and more!
I wrote this quick post so you can see exactly what products and brands I’ve installed on my rig, with links on where to buy them.
Disclaimer: Some of these are affiliate links, meaning I make a small commission if you decide to buy. This doesn’t cost you anything extra, but it does help me continue creating educational content on overlanding!
Let’s dive in!
Related Reading: What is Overlanding?
Here are all the modifications to the exterior of my rig (everything not in the cab):
- Prinsu Designs Roof Rack
- iKamper Skytop Mini Rooftop Tent
- Diamondback Covers HD Tonneau Cover
- Frontrunners Diamondback Cover Rack System
- Cali Raised LED Ditch Lights (5% OFF with code “AdventuresOTR”)
- Cali Raised LED 42″ Light Bar (5% OFF with code “AdventuresOTR”)
- Rigid Industries Fog Lights
- Tacoma Beast Hiline Series Front Bumper
- Move Bumpers Classic Rear Bumper Kit
- BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain 275/65r16 Tires
- Rugcel 12,000lb Winch
On the inside of the truck, I’ve added the following mods:
- Sound System Upgrade (Follow this guide)
- weBoost Drive Reach OTR (477154) Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit
Want to see more cool mods and accessories? Check out our guide to must-have overlanding gear.
Other cool articles to check out: